Fall Plot Wheat Pea Mix - Annual
Fall Plot is a high cold tolerance mix consisting of winter wheat, forage pea, and radish. The soft red winter wheat has good resistance to diseases and will green up early in spring. Forage Peas are a fast growing cool season annual legume with stems growing two to four feet and produces nitrogen in the soil with their root nodules. Radish produce a large root system that pull nitrogen and nutrients deep within the soil bring them back to the surface for future crops. A mix that establishes very quickly and provides good ground cover attracting deer soon after germination making it a favorite for bow hunting. Creates an ideal surface for frost seeding the following spring.
- Winter Wheat
- Winter Forage Pea
- Diakon Tillage Radish
- High cold tolerance
- High soluble protein
- Very high carbohydrates
- Soil Types: Widely adapted, firm seed bed with pH of 5.2 or higher
- Maintenance: Low maintenance
- Seeding Rate: 60-70 Lbs. per acre.
- Frost Seeding: Not adaptable
- Planting Date: August - October
- Planting Depth: ½ - 1’ deep